MDL Marinas Goup Ltd (and all subsidiaries and divisions thereof) (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This page explains how we use any information you give to us through our website or Apps, and the ways in which we protect your privacy.
Personal information charter
This charter sets out what our standards are for requesting or storing your personal information.
It also covers what we ask from you to help us keep your information up to date.
When we ask you for personal information, we will:
- Make sure you know why we need it
- Only ask for what we need
- Protect it and make sure nobody has access to it who shouldn’t
- Only share it with other organisations when the law allows
- Make sure we don’t keep it longer than necessary
- Not share your information with any other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, or pass your details to other websites
- Not make your personal information available for third party commercial use without your permission
In return, we ask you to:
- Give us accurate information
- Tell us as soon as possible if there are any changes such as a new address
This helps us to keep your information reliable and up to date.
You can get more details on:
- How to find out what information we hold about you and how to ask us to correct any mistakes
- Any agreements we have with other organisations for sharing information
- Circumstances where we can pass on your personal information without telling you, for example, to prevent and detect crime or to produce anonymised statistics
- How we check the information we hold is accurate
- How to make a complaint
For independent advice about data protection, privacy and data-sharing issues, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
The Data Protection Act
MDL Marinas Limited is registered as a data controller under the Data Protection Act 1998 (Registration No Z5608424) and a description of how we use personal information is included on our entry on the data protection register which is maintained by the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, MDL Marinas Limited has a legal duty to protect any information we collect from you. We have procedures and security features in place that aim to keep your data secure once we receive it. We store your data on our secure servers in the UK.
We won’t share your information with any other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, and we don’t pass your details to other websites.
Information we collect
We collect certain information or data about you when you use our website or our Apps. This includes:
- Questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you send an email to mdlmarinas.co.uk
- Your IP address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- Information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques to help us improve the website
- Details to allow you to access our services and transactions e.g. an email address (you’ll always be told when this information is being collected, and it will only be used for the purpose you provide it for) This helps us to:
– Improve the site by monitoring how you use it
– Respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
– Provide you with information about our services if you want it
– Request sensitive permissions like accessing the camera, microphone, contacts or data on your phone
Disclosing your information
We may need to pass on your personal information if we have a legal obligation to do so, or if we have to enforce or apply our website policies and other agreements.
Links to other sites
Access to your information and contacting us
Marina Developments Limited
Outlook House, School Lane
Tel: 07879 688992
Log files allow us to record visitors’ use of the site which we use to make changes to the layout of the site and to the information in it, based on the way that visitors move around it. Log files do not contain any personal information about you or information about which other sites you have visited.
Other information we collect
We collect different kinds of information from visitors to our website:
- Requests for information
- Registration details for some areas of the site
You can send us your feedback directly using the contact area on our website. We do not pass on any of your personal information outside our organisation when dealing with your enquiry. We will not use any information you supply for any other purpose without first seeking your permission.
Where your details are held in our tracking system these are archived after we have dealt with your enquiry and deleted after 12 months.
Requests for Information
We need to record your personal contact details to be able to respond to, and track the progress of, your request. We do not pass on any of your personal information outside our organisation when dealing with your enquiry unless you have given us permission to do so. We will not use any information you supply for any other purpose without your permission.
If you register an interest in receiving regular updates from the site your details will be kept for two years unless you request to have your information removed before that time. You have the option to check the details supplied by you, to update these details, or to remove your name from any mailing lists by contacting us.