The redevelopment of the entrance to Hamble Point Marina has been planned over two phases and forms part of the wider redevelopment of the site. Phase 1 involves the construction of eight new sales units on the corner of Firefly Road and Huntsmans Road together with an upgrade and expansion of the boatyard area on Firefly Road. The new sleek and modern designed modular sales offices, with a total floor area of 590m2, will face onto a re-vamped sales line on the opposite side of Firefly road. The boatyard will be extended (increasing the area by 2,000m2 to 10,000m2) and resurfaced with reinforced concrete. Phase 2 sees the reconfiguration of the main entrance, with the construction of a new visitor car park and access control point. The road layout will be altered, changing the priority such that Firefly Road becomes the primary route and a junction is created onto Hunstmans Road. The parkland car park is designed to enhance the customer experience and appeal for non-boat owners to access the site, creating a user-friendly environment.
MDL’s vision for Hamble Point Marina has been diligently planned and designed by the MDL in-house specialists, who are project managing the entire redevelopment and have appointed Sienna Construction for the final design and build.
MDL developed the Strategy and Masterplan for the site and are managing the first phase which requires: levelling and expanding the boat yard area, and resurfacing with concrete; demolishing the existing buildings adjacent to Firefly House; re-aligning Firefly Road to facilitate construction of the new sales units; and delivery and installation of the new modular buildings. The first phase is due to be completed in the autumn of 2018.
Phase two will see the reconfiguration of the marina entrance and construction of a parkland car park, the final design of which is currently under review.
Overview of Redevelopment
The main features will include:
- (net internal area) of additional boat sales units.
- 2,655m2 of additional boatyard area along Firefly Road.
- Yard area along Firefly Road to be lowered and set level with the road to enable the more efficient use of the space.
- A new security point designed to be welcoming to visiting vehicles whilst improving control of traffic on the site.
- 140 space car park at ground level with an option to build a second level in the future.
- Improved entrance road design to allow visitors un-impeded access to the car park and a pedestrian route into the marina from there, alleviating marina traffic flow along Huntsman road.
- A newly designated area for motorhome visitors.
A premium leisure boat sales destination to open in Autumn 2018.